The Ideal Place for Meetings, Conferences and Executive Retreats
A 2018 Invitation
Dear Executive and Meeting Planner,
Welcome to Geneva On The Lake in beautiful Geneva, New York, home of Hobart & William Smith Colleges.
We hope the “Pictures”, “Meeting Conference Package” and “Comments” of those who have met with us in the past are helpful to you.
Shortly after opening in 1981, local, national and international companies began coming to Geneva On The Lake for their strategic planning, marketing, sales and executive retreats. Among these companies have been many icons of the worlds economy including, Corning, Federal Express, Honeywell, IBM, JP Morgan Chase, Proctor and Gamble and Siemens.
What we can offer you at Geneva On The Lake
- Beautiful conference facilities with high speed direct internet connection
- Great food, much fresh local produce used
- Stickley appointed accommodations – each unique
- Free high speed Wi-Fi
- 10 acre historic estate with formal gardens on Seneca Lake
- Epicenter of Finger Lakes wine country
- Long time staff reputation for exquisite service
- AAA Four Diamond Award recipient for 35 years
I invite you to meet at Geneva On The Lake in 2018! You will find Carole, Kathy, Chris, Joan, Kristin, John and our friendly staff to be most helpful.
We look forward to serving you soon. I welcome the chance to talk with you and be of service. Call me direct at anytime.
William J. Schickel
“Geneva On The Lake is a charming inn, with beautiful grounds, a 70-foot pool and an excellent view of Seneca Lake… the suites are luxurious… and are furnished with Stickley furniture.”
– Wine Spectator
“Meeting Conference Package”
Geneva On The Lake
America’s Premiere Small Resort
in the heart of NY Finger Lakes Wine Country
“…Stunning four – diamond Geneva On The Lake, has a garden reminiscent of Versailles.”
– The Wall Street Journal
“The food is extraordinarily good.”
– Bon Appetit
- Meeting in the casual comfort and historic European elegance of this Italian Renaissance villa amidst formal gardens and the 10 acres overlooking Seneca Lake.
- A beautiful Conference Suite with abundant natural light, high speed Business Class Wi-Fi and direct connectivity, state of the art LCD projection and friendly attentive service.
- The DaVinci Conference Suite with its wood-burning marble fireplace, 10′ coffered ceiling and natural light creates an enjoyable place for a productive meeting (up to 25 people).
- One mid-morning beverage service with local Master’s Touch Coffee, tea, juices, soda, water and fresh baked sweet bread.
- One mid-afternoon beverage service with coffee, tea, soda, water and fresh baked cookies or brownies.
- Lunch in the Lancellotti Dining Room or on The Terrace. Lunch is available as a buffet or served. Both dining locations have beautiful views of the formal gardens and Seneca lake.
- Check-in to one of our 29 spacious Stickley appointed guest accommodations for a great night of sleep. Hospitality to guests has earned Geneva On The Lake the coveted AAA Four-Diamond Award for 35 years since brothers Norbert & William Schickel opened the resort in 1981.
- A Cocktail and Hors d’ oeuvre reception in the Parlor Bar or on the Terrace.
- A delicious candlelight dinner with live music. The seasonal menu with much fresh local produce includes our vegetarian puff pastry with grilled vegetables over pesto which receives rave reviews.
- Full breakfast buffet accommodating your groups schedule . . . then meet for as long in that day as you would like.
- The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times are available.
- Our Fitness Room with Life Fitness Treadmill, Life Fitness Cross Trainer, Hand Weights and Bench.
- Bountiful outdoor activities including on-site walking paths, lakeside vistas, bonfire on the bluff, croquet, bocce, horseshoes, badminton, volleyball, a glider swing, Adirondack chairs, 70′ outdoor pool, canoes, kayaks and a complimentary lake cruise on our 24′ pontoon boat.
- Assistance arranging team building activities including yoga classes, a winery tour or hands on cooking demonstration.
- The dedicated service of our Conference Coordinator and hospitable staff.
We look forward to assisting you.
PACKAGE PRICE = $329 *per person/per day
*This Package is available anytime Sunday to Thursday, except July 7 – September 7, 2018. Inquire regarding the rate for weekends or July 7 – September 7, 2018.
*Does not include tax, alcoholic beverages(except as indicated) or 12% gratuity for food server staff and 8% administrative fee for non-server resort staff.
Call Direct 315-789-7190
or email: email@example.com
“From sleeping accommodations, quality of food preparation and service including the Da Vinci meeting facility, all those who attended were thoroughly impressed … a most peaceful atmosphere extremely conducive to very productive to very scientific discussions . . . No one in our group expected to have such a wonderful accommodations . . . The Geneva On The Lake Resort is truly a national treasure.”- C R New York
“Located just a few hours from New York city, this luxurious European-style vacation resort welcomes weary urban dwellers with more than just a quiet place to unwind. The property, situated in the heart of the Finger Lakes district, also has spectacular views of Seneca Lake. The scenery is especially lovely from the Lancellotti Dining Room, and the food is especially delicious.”- Bon Appetit
of the best from the past
with dreams for the future,
of the fine arts with science and technology
of the measurable with the immeasurable.”
Norbert H. Schickel Jr. Founder
MEETING, CONFERENCE AND EXECUTIVE RETREAT FACILITIES
- The Leonardo da Vinci Conference Suite, Historic Library Suite and Historic Loft Suite offer a variety of seating and table arrangements.
- Meeting spaces are private, beautifully furnished and equipped and filled with natural light. Informal living room seating, board room, u shape, classroom or theatre style are all available. Complete AV and breakout rooms are available.
- Lancellotti’s, our Dining Room and Bar Parlor offers classic elegance and casual comfort. Our outstanding chef team brings a superb sense of flavor to the variety to local foods prepared. The Wine List features international and the best Finger Lakes wines, as well as local beers and spirits.
- Our Conference Coordinator is present throughout your stay and responsible for all details relating to your meeting.
- Geneva On The lake feels like meeting at your own private estate with a large well trained and friendly staff.
BEAUTIFUL SETTINGS – INDOORS AND OUTDOORS
- The Lancellotti Dining Room and its adjoining Garden Room offer the grandeur of the original main room of the villa and overlook the terrace, formal gardens, pool and Seneca Lake.
- Lancellotti’s Bar Parlor offers an elegant living room atmosphere ideal for a cocktail party or hospitality suite.
- The Furnished Terrace with a reproduction of the Venus de Milo, overlooks the formal gardens and lake. It is a beautiful setting for breakfast or lunch in the sunshine, a cocktail party or evening dinner.
- The Colonnade Pavillion On The Terrace overlooks the gardens. It provides shade from the sun or shelter from the rain where an outdoor breakfast, luncheon, cocktail party or dinner may be served for up to 50 people. Conference sessions sometimes choose to meet in the Colonnade.
- Our South Lawn Three Peak Tent Pavilion for larger Summer events of up to 150 people.
- A Cookout may be held on The Terrace or in the shade of the trees on the South Lawn.
- A Bonfire on the lakeside bluff.
- Amenities in the comfort of your suite include: free Wi-Fi, HD cable television, terry robes, a ready kitchen with Keurig coffee maker, tea and bottled water.
- Our Fitness Room is equipped with Life Fitness Treadmill and Cross Trainer, free weights and Bench.
- The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times are available complimentary each morning.
“Your cheerful and professional manner made it a pleasure to work with you, Carole . . . Your response to my calls and requests was always prompt, and no detail was too small or too insignificant for you to address . . . you listened to our wants and needs and were extremely helpful in making suggestions to help achieve an atmosphere which contributed to the overall success of our meeting . . . The meeting was an overwhelming success, due in large part to the efforts of your employees who contributed their talent to ensure a comfortable stay, delicious meals and an effective meeting set up . . .The comments from the Partner group clearly indicate their satisfaction.”D S New York
“Legendary customer service is often discussed, but not always to be found in practice . . . However, during our recent stay, Chris proved that it does exist . . . The entire staff was superb . . . Chris went the extra mile.”B L E New York
Mr. William Schickel: We and our independent Directors were most pleased with your facilities, the excellent cuisine, and the capable service of your very attentive staff during the two evenings and one day we were with you for our Board meeting. You may call on us to encourage prospective guests who may be considering your accommodations at any time.J E W Ohio
Thank you so much for another fantastic trip to Geneva on the Lake! . . . had a fabulous time and got much accomplished. The staff was very attentive to our needs and did a great job throughout our stay. The accommodations and food were amazing!
“On behalf of the six of us that spent the weekend at Geneva on the Lake this past weekend, I wanted to formally thank you and your incredible staff for providing us with such an amazing weekend. These retreats can be stressful, as we spend numerous hours discussing our business, successes, our failures, our goals, and the potential barriers to our goals. However, the entirety of your staff was so accommodating and friendly from the moment we arrived until the moment we left that it placed everyone at ease and allowed us to focus for the entire weekend. The accommodations at your hotel provided us with a great atmosphere. The food that you provided at breakfast, and lunch, and during the day so that we could snack during our meetings was excellent. It was so nice that you also provided options for those of us with dietary restrictions. We cannot say enough about how great of an experience you and your staff provided. We will certainly be back in the future for similar retreats, and we will certainly recommend Geneva on the Lake to others if the opportunity should arise. From the six of us, we wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2017.”
“Both you and your staff displayed a level of courtesy and helpfulness that excelled any I have previously encountered in all my years of conducting meetings.”J D L Illinois
“Everything was PERFECT . . . Your resort is a genuine hit. One of the finest meetings I have ever attended and it made me proud to show off a world class resort that just so happens to be in my ‘backyard’. . . We were blown away by everything, the food is ‘off the charts’ great.”D E W New York
“From sleeping accommodations, quality of food preparation and service including the Da Vinci meeting facility, all those who attended were thoroughly impressed . . . a most peaceful atmosphere extremely conducive to very productive to very scientific discussions . . . No one in our group expected to have such a wonderful accommodations . . . The Geneva On The Lake Resort is truly a national treasure.”C R New York
Dear Mr. Schickel: Our law firm held it’s retreat at your resort in July. I wish to commend you and your staff on a wonderful experience. Virtually all of our needs were tended to during our three days at Geneva On The Lake. I wish you continued success and look forward to future stays at your fabulous resort.M C L New York
“In a world of competition for just about everything, Geneva On the Lake has the formula for success: simply delight the customer . . . No titles or roles prevent your folks from doing whatever is necessary to meet his objective . . . The collective attitude demonstrates pride and loyalty . . . When the opportunity presents itself, we will be back!”L D New York
“I never give top scores, but I did today because you and your staff deserve them! . . . Everyone is delighted with our stay with you . . . It has contributed to unusually successful business meeting results.”C S Minnesota
“From the moment we arrived, you made us feel like honored special guests and also right at home . . . The food service, the attention to detail, the meeting rooms, and of course, the beautiful guest rooms all contributed to both an enjoyable and productive meeting . . . You can be sure we will do it again.”D M C New York
“Please accept my sincere appreciation for the elegant and professional manner in which you and your exceptionally capable staff accommodated our company’s senior management planning conference . . . Everything starting from the reservations to the personal attention to our detailed needs, to the exquisite cuisine, to the pure pleasure of lodging surrounded by the splendid Stickley furniture has certainly convinced me and my associates that you are more than deserving of your National reputation as “America’s Premiere Small Resort.”R B New York
“Our partners were extremely pleased with the accommodations and service they received last weekend during their retreat at your hotel . . . The atmosphere was relaxing, the food excellent, and the service exceptional.”M L H New York
“The atmosphere, the service, and the food were all superb . . . We were profusely thanked by our guests for providing them with such accommodations . . . It is great to know that in these fast moving times, there are establishments who still subscribe to quality customer care and service.”G P New York
“We lead strategic planning activities throughout the United States, and Geneva On The Lake is second to none in our experience.”C S Wisconsin
“I’ve heard nothing but great things from the managers that stayed there . . . You run a first class service operation that represents the type of customer focus we all strive for . . . You really pampered them and they enjoyed it.”L D New York
“I want to personally thank you for a wonderful weekend at Geneva On The Lake . . . I have had nothing but great responses back from the reps and their wives – they really enjoyed themselves . . . They too, said the service, food, and hospitality were wonderful.”A W New York
“Unfortunately, feedback many times is only available in a negative form . . . I am very pleased to tell you that the members of the Team management group are still savoring the delightful week we spent at your wonderful resort . . . Without exception, I have received glowing comments about the excellence of your staff, the beauty of your facility and the location, the quality of the food, the extraordinary attention to detail and the personalized service which each individual received . . . A refreshing experience in America . . . Our thoughts and appreciation will be of you and our wonderful experience at Geneva On the Lake.”A P L Ohio
“Thanks to you and you staff for providing a fantastic environment for our team . . . The five star service and five star food make this experience memorable . . . The attitude that impresses me the most is ”What more can we do for you?”. . . The spirit provided by you and your staff translated to the team and allowed the team to think freely . . . The environment was relaxing . . . It took us away from the day to day stress in our jobs . . . Walking in the fresh air, and having the Lake in our view refreshed us in between sessions.”C H New York
“Thank you very much for making the Board of Directors Meeting such a great success . . . Everyone complimented everything at Geneva On The Lake . . . As we all know, that is very unusual; there is usually one person who has a negative remark to make about something . . . Not the case at Geneva On The Lake!”M E K New York
“…stunning four-diamond Geneva On The Lake, has a garden reminiscent of Versailles.”
“The food is extraordinarily good”
“One of the world’s most beautiful inns.”
“Offering exceptional comfort and service”
“A near miracle of grace and hospitality”
“One of the 10 most romantic inns in the United States.”
“Among other aesthetic pleasures at Geneva On The Lake are the symmetrical and manicured flower gardens and hedgerows at the back of the inn, a felicitous setting for walking, communing with nature and reading.”
“Geneva On The Lake is a charming inn, with beautiful grounds, a 70-foot pool and an excellent view of Seneca Lake… the suites are luxurious… and are furnished with Stickley furniture.”
“We stayed at the majestic Geneva On The lake hotel…Classical sculptures give an air of antiquity, but the solicitous service is as American as a Cortland apple.”
“Tranquility and good taste characterize the intellectual fare found at Geneva On The Lake, a smallish inn tucked away on the outskirts of Geneva, New York and facing the pellucid Seneca Lake.”
“ Towering pines shade the grounds, creating inviting walkways for thoughtful ambles and intimate conversations. A glider swing beckons from one stretch of lawn; a classical colonnade from another.”
“Our comfortable suite looked out on to formal gardens that unfurl almost to the water’s edge, where huge cottonwoods rustle in the breeze like wind chimes. The terra cotta tile roof, Palladian windows,Ionic columns, and classical sculptures give Geneva On The Lake an air of antiquity, but the solicitous service is as American as a Cortland apple.”
“The restaurant as charming and romantic as it is, takes second billing to the food, which is exceptional-all dishes are prepared and served with perfection…the service at Lancellotti is smooth and thoughtful…At Geneva On The Lake, you will be royally spoiled.”
“This is a resort that echoes with the tranquility of a different place and time, of a leisurely European lifestyle that revels in and showcases the finer things of life…The resort is ideal for a romantic getaway, whether winter or summer.”
“Thirty suites of refined luxury.”
“Good food and service make it a great executive retreat”
“Located just a few hours from New York City, this luxurious European-style vacation resort welcomes weary urban dwellers with more than just a quiet place to unwind. The property, situated in the heart of the Finger Lakes district, also has spectacular views of Seneca Lake. The scenery is especially lovely from the Lancellotti Dining Room, and the food is especially delicious.”
“No question that my favorite, The Loft, with its lovely cherry mission furniture, is at the top end. It has a cathedral ceiling, a loft furnished with chairs, rockers, and big floor cushions, all positioned to look out at the lake…the formal gardens, and the pool.”