The Ideal Place for Meetings, Conferences and Executive Retreats
“Meeting Conference Package”
Geneva On The Lake
America’s Premiere Small Resort
in the heart of NY Finger Lakes Wine Country
“…Stunning four – diamond Geneva On The Lake, has a garden reminiscent of Versailles.”
– The Wall Street Journal
“The food is extraordinarily good.”
– Bon Appetit
“I next checked into Geneva On The Lake, a grand resort in the lively burg of Geneva. It’s an excellent home base, since Geneva’s downtown has become te region’s restaurant and bar nexus thanks to places like the Linden Social Club which is renowned for it’s cocktails.”
– Travel and Leisure, October 2018
Meeting Package Includes:
Meeting in the casual comfort and historic European elegance of this Italian Renaissance villa amidst formal gardens and the 10 acres overlooking Seneca Lake.
A beautiful Conference Suite with abundant natural light, high speed Business Class Wi-Fi and direct connectivity, state of the art LCD projection and friendly attentive service.
The DaVinci Conference Suite with its wood-burning marble fireplace, 10′ coffered ceiling and natural light creates an enjoyable place for a productive meeting (up to 25 people).
One mid-morning beverage service with local Master’s Touch Coffee, tea, juices, soda, water and fresh baked sweet bread.
One mid-afternoon beverage service with coffee, tea, soda, water and fresh baked cookies or brownies.
Lunch in the Lancellotti Dining Room or on The Terrace. Lunch is available as a buffet or served. Both dining locations have beautiful views of the formal gardens and Seneca lake.
Check-in to one of our 29 spacious Stickley appointed guest accommodations for a great night of sleep. Hospitality to guests has earned Geneva On The Lake the coveted AAA Four-Diamond Award for 35 years since brothers Norbert & William Schickel opened the resort in 1981.
A Cocktail and Hors d’ oeuvre reception in the Bar or on the Terrace.
A delicious candlelight dinner with live music. The seasonal menu with much fresh local produce often includes our vegetarian puff pastry with grilled vegetables over pesto which receives rave reviews.
Full breakfast buffet accommodating your groups schedule . . . then meet for as long in that day as you would like.
The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times are available.
Our Fitness Room with Life Fitness Treadmill, Life Fitness Cross Trainer, Hand Weights and Bench.
Bountiful outdoor activities including on-site walking paths, lakeside vistas, bonfire on the bluff, croquet, bocce, horseshoes, badminton, volleyball, a glider swing, Adirondack chairs, 70′ outdoor pool, canoes, kayaks and a complimentary lake cruise on our 24′ pontoon boat.
Assistance arranging team building activities including yoga classes, a winery tour or hands on cooking demonstration.
The dedicated service of our Conference Coordinator and hospitable staff.
We look forward to assisting you.
PACKAGE PRICE = $337 *per person/per day
*This Package is available anytime Sunday to Thursday, except July 1 – September 2, 2020. Inquire regarding the rate for Fridays & Saturdays, & for July 1 – September 2, 2020.
*Does not include tax, alcoholic beverages(except as indicated) or 12% gratuity for food server staff and 8% administrative fee for non-server resort staff.
Call Direct 315-789-7190
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Executive and Meeting Planner,
Welcome to Geneva On The Lake in beautiful Geneva, New York, home of Hobart & William Smith Colleges.
We hope the “Pictures”, “Meeting Conference Package” and “Comments” of those who have met with us in the past are helpful to you.
Shortly after opening in 1981, local, national and international companies began coming to Geneva On The Lake for their strategic planning, marketing, sales and executive retreats. Among these companies have been many icons of the worlds economy including, Corning, Federal Express, Honeywell, IBM, JP Morgan Chase, Proctor and Gamble and Siemens.
Some Highlights of what we offer
Historic 10 acre estate on Seneca Lake
Beautiful conference facilities with natural light and fresh air
Great food, wine spirits and fresh, local produce
Spectacular historic formal hedge gardens, pool and lakeview
Lawn games: volleyball, badminton, bocce, croquet and horseshoes
Boathouse, Dock, moorings,pontoon, kayaks, canoe, paddleboat, sunfishes
The Terrace with colonnade and open-air-service
The Bar for drinks and snacks
Lancellotti’s, our exquisite dining room with candlelight and live music
29 Stickley appointed, spacious suites
Free Wi-Fi, high speed Business Class
Wine country experience at Finger Lakes epicenter
AAA Four-Diamond service for 35 years
I invite you to meet at Geneva On The Lake in the coming months and year.
We look forward to providing hospitality and a great experience at Geneva On The Lake. We will do everything needed to make that possible for you. Our staff is available to help with any questions, or a tour of the property at any time when you are able to visit.
Please call 315-789-7190 and ask for Carole, Joan, Kathy, Alexa, Cheyenne, Kristin or myself.
William J. Schickel
– Wine Spectator
of the best from the past
with dreams for the future,
of the fine arts with science and technology
of the measurable with the immeasurable.”
Norbert H. Schickel Jr., founder
Four Conference Rooms – each with unique architectural character and filled with natural light.
- The Leonardo Da Vinci Conference Suite offers a 10 ft. high coffered ceiling, handsome hand carved marble fireplace (wood burning) and beautiful columned frieze. An elegant, inspiring setting for conferences of up to 30 guests (classroom style).
- The Loft Suite – the living room features a 14 ft. cathedral ceiling, a furnished “loft” with breathtaking view of Seneca Lake and comfortably accommodates up to 14 guests around a U-shaped table. The suite is appointed with Stickley Mission Cherry furnishings and the bedroom offers a king size spindle bed.
- The Bar is a social setting with marble columns, arched cathedral ceiling and picture window overlooking the Terrace, formal garden and Seneca Lake. Perfect for a small meeting, cocktail reception or private dinner.
- The Library Suite is the original library of the Nester home, built in 1910. This one-bedroom suite with lake view, features terrazzo floor with oriental carpet, handsome floor to ceiling mahogany paneling and bookshelves. A stone carved fireplace completes the literary ambiance. The library is ideal for strategic meetings of 2 to 10 people.
- Conference Coordinator – Geneva On The Lake’s friendly, experienced conference coordinator is present throughout and responsible for all details relating to your meeting.
- Breakout Suites – Landmark guest suites offer spacious living rooms that comfortably accommodate 4 to 8 people. In Summer the Colonnade Pavillion on The Terrace, the shade of the trees, gardens and bluff overlooking the waters of Seneca Lake offer good spots for a break-out.
- Free Wi-Fi – a managed state of the art, High Speed Business Class internet connectivity is provided throughout the facility.
- Hard-wired Internet connectivity also available in the Da Vinci Conference Suite.
- Audio Visual Equipment on site includes: flip-charts, speaker phone, LCD projector, screens and markers. A pad and pencil at each place.
- 24 Hour Front Desk staff is available to assist you in any way needed.
- Lancellotti’s, our Dining Room, offers the grandeur of the villa’s main room and overlooks the terrace, formal gardens, pool and Seneca Lake – accommodating 30 – 50 people.
- The Bar offers casual comfort for drinks, snacks or a cocktail reception.
- The furnished Terrace with a reproduction of the Venus de Milo, is ideal for breakfast, lunch, a cocktail reception or evening dinner.
- The Colonnade Pavilion On The Terrace provides shade from the sun or shelter from the rain for up to 50 people. Conferences sometimes gather here.
- Our South Lawn Three Peak Tent Pavilion is for larger Summer events up to 150 people.
- A Cookout may be held on The Terrace or in the shade of the trees on the South Lawn.
FOOD & WINE
- “The Cuisine of Geneva On The Lake” is described by Bon Appetit as “extraordinarily good”. Our outstanding chef team brings a superb sense of flavor to the variety of local foods prepared. The Wine List features international and the best Finger Lakes wines, as well as local beers and spirits.
- Cocktails and Hors d’ oeuvres before dinner are served on The Terrace – weather permitting. In winter, we serve in The Bar or around a wood burning fire in the Library.
- After Dinner Drinks in The Bar or under the stars around a wood fire on the Terrace.
- Complimentary Full Breakfast is included with your overnight stay and is served in Lancellotti’s or weather permitting, in The Colonnade Pavilion on The Terrace.
- There are 29 Elegant Guest Accommodations each beautifully appointed with Stickley furnishings. All are non-smoking.
- Fresh Flowers are in your suite upon arrival.
- The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times are available.
- Keurig for Fresh Coffee and bottled water in each suite.
- Luxurious Robes are in your closet.
- Room Service available.
- Turn Down Service.
ACTIVITIES AND RECREATION
- Bonfire at The Bluff after Dinner.
- Golf Course(s) – 9 holes, nearby – just 1 mile. There are 5 more challenging courses within a 30 minute drive and a “Robert Trent Jones Course” only a 45 minute drive.
- Late Afternoon Lake Cruises aboard our 24 ft. pontoon boat Bella Frascati.
- In-Suite Massage or spa service (by pre-arrangement).
- Bicycles on Site.
- Swimming Pool – a 70 ft. outdoor pool open June to September.
- Canoeing & Kayaking from our boathouse dock.
- Fish from our dock or we can arrange a Fishing Charter.
- Tennis Courts at neighboring Hobart and William Smith Colleges campus – 1/2 mile.
- Lawn Games – include: croquet, bocce, volleyball, corn hole, horseshoes and basketball hoop.
- Fitness Room includes Life Fitness treadmill and cross trainer, free weights and mats.
- Complimentary Passes for Geneva YMCA – fitness room, pool, racquetball, sauna.
TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES
- Limousine Wine Tour on Seneca Lake Wine Trail.
- Group “Wake Up” Exercise or yoga class.
- Hands-on Chef’s Culinary demonstration.
- Guest Winery or Brewery tasting before dinner.
- A Pre-arranged VIP Winery Tour for your group.
- Theme Dinners such as Barbeque Cook-outs, Clambake or Lobster Bake.
- Charter Cocktail Cruise on Seneca Lake from Geneva’s pier aboard the Rose Lummis
- Outlet Shopping Trip to Waterloo Premium Outlets (8 miles)
- Wine Maker or wine pairing dinner.
On Seneca Lake in the Heart of New York State’s Finger Lakes Wine Country.
7 miles from the New York State Thruway Exit #42 then Route 14 South.
Rochester, Ithaca, Elmira and Syracuse airports are just a 1 hour drive. (Penn Yan for private jets, 20 minutes)
“Thank you so much for another fantastic trip to Geneva on the Lake! . . . had a fabulous time and got much accomplished. The staff was very attentive to our needs and did a great job throughout our stay. The accommodations and food were amazing!” E P New York
“On behalf of the six of us that spent the weekend at Geneva on the Lake this past weekend, I wanted to formally thank you and your incredible staff for providing us with such an amazing weekend. These retreats can be stressful, as we spend numerous hours discussing our business, successes, our failures, our goals, and the potential barriers to our goals. However, the entirety of your staff was so accommodating and friendly from the moment we arrived until the moment we left that it placed everyone at ease and allowed us to focus for the entire weekend. The accommodations at your hotel provided us with a great atmosphere. The food that you provided at breakfast, and lunch, and during the day so that we could snack during our meetings was excellent. It was so nice that you also provided options for those of us with dietary restrictions. We cannot say enough about how great of an experience you and your staff provided. We will certainly be back in the future for similar retreats, and we will certainly recommend Geneva on the Lake to others if the opportunity should arise. From the six of us, we wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2017.” P & F New York
“…stunning four-diamond Geneva On The Lake, has a garden reminiscent of Versailles.”
“The food is extraordinarily good”
“One of the world’s most beautiful inns.”
“Offering exceptional comfort and service”
“A near miracle of grace and hospitality”
“One of the 10 most romantic inns in the United States.”
“Among other aesthetic pleasures at Geneva On The Lake are the symmetrical and manicured flower gardens and hedgerows at the back of the inn, a felicitous setting for walking, communing with nature and reading.”
“Geneva On The Lake is a charming inn, with beautiful grounds, a 70-foot pool and an excellent view of Seneca Lake… the suites are luxurious… and are furnished with Stickley furniture.”
“We stayed at the majestic Geneva On The lake hotel…Classical sculptures give an air of antiquity, but the solicitous service is as American as a Cortland apple.”
“Tranquility and good taste characterize the intellectual fare found at Geneva On The Lake, a smallish inn tucked away on the outskirts of Geneva, New York and facing the pellucid Seneca Lake.”
“ Towering pines shade the grounds, creating inviting walkways for thoughtful ambles and intimate conversations. A glider swing beckons from one stretch of lawn; a classical colonnade from another.”
“Our comfortable suite looked out on to formal gardens that unfurl almost to the water’s edge, where huge cottonwoods rustle in the breeze like wind chimes. The terra cotta tile roof, Palladian windows,Ionic columns, and classical sculptures give Geneva On The Lake an air of antiquity, but the solicitous service is as American as a Cortland apple.”
“The restaurant as charming and romantic as it is, takes second billing to the food, which is exceptional-all dishes are prepared and served with perfection…the service at Lancellotti is smooth and thoughtful…At Geneva On The Lake, you will be royally spoiled.”
“This is a resort that echoes with the tranquility of a different place and time, of a leisurely European lifestyle that revels in and showcases the finer things of life…The resort is ideal for a romantic getaway, whether winter or summer.”
“Thirty suites of refined luxury.”
“Good food and service make it a great executive retreat”
“Located just a few hours from New York City, this luxurious European-style vacation resort welcomes weary urban dwellers with more than just a quiet place to unwind. The property, situated in the heart of the Finger Lakes district, also has spectacular views of Seneca Lake. The scenery is especially lovely from the Lancellotti Dining Room, and the food is especially delicious.”
“No question that my favorite, The Loft, with its lovely cherry mission furniture, is at the top end. It has a cathedral ceiling, a loft furnished with chairs, rockers, and big floor cushions, all positioned to look out at the lake…the formal gardens, and the pool.”